This is truly Pathetic for apple

Reaction score
Omg I cannot believe this! I mean I wasnt expecting a powerbook g5 or dual core g4 but 1.67ghz g4 omg thats ridiculous. Apple is going to lose marketshare cause 1.67ghz g4 does not cut the cheeze these days for preformance. And yes im using a powerbook g4 1.5ghz and it fells so slow to me. Slower than my penitum m 1ghz is just so upsetting that apple is so behind technology in notebooks. I mean there doing excelletn with the powermac, imac, emac, ipod but the powerbook and ibook is pathetic. Even at higher clock speeds the g4 is still slower than the pentium m. Wow i just can beleive this I though that apple would come at least 2.3 ghz g4 so it would be comaprably to the pentium m's out their but this is looking bad for me cause by juanary I need a fast notebook for graphics and the powerbook wont cut it. look at this article http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0501expo5.html Im just very ashamed that apple would do something like this especially becuase were waiting for over 9 months now this sucks cause now im goign to have to buy an windows. Im just hoping that thinksecret is wrong wrong wrong. Please god let there be a 2ghz beyond powerbook tmr I really need it and i dont fell like going to use windows. I mean everything is mac in my home imac g5 20inch, powermac 2.5ghz g5 and my powerbook g4 1.5ghz which is so slow to the point that rendering takes forever. Idk maybe apple will surprise us but i just dont get this if it was just going to be a speedbump u think apple would have relased it when it did with the ibooks but no maybe maybe apple may actually be fooling us all I mean thats just a maybe. Wouldnt steve fell embarresed if he says powerbook g4 1.67 ghz i mean i will just laugh cause there goign 167mhz every 9 months wich is riduclus i dont even think it was more than 500mhz since late 2002 when the 1ghz powerbook came out. I think apple should serisouly re think there laptop line cause people are going to be upset like i will but i guess thats life.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ohh the least they could do is change that 167 mhz front side bus to over 600mhz or something. I mean anyone who says tghe powerbook is fast is proably doing simple tasks but it is really slow and i have about a 1gig or ram and my pentium m wich only has 512 and cost a lot less is kicking its butt and it is a little thicker but only by .1 its 1.2inches thick but offer a lot more technolorgy but at the smae time its windows and get viruses.

P

Pizza God

whatare you sayingabout him I think that his writingis very good and that apple should be asheamed of themselves lololololorofl. its hardenoughto make intelligent thoughtfull cfomments onthe computermahinewithout peoplelike youalwyas ciriticinzing. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
'the guy that education forgot'

Pizza God said:
whatare you sayingabout him I think that his writingis very good and that apple should be asheamed of themselves lololololorofl. its hardenoughto make intelligent thoughtfull cfomments onthe computermahinewithout peoplelike youalwyas ciriticinzing. :D
lmao! its the guy that education forgot. that is so funny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
where can i watch the expo thing?... i havent seen it yet...
and when will the new powerbooks begin to ship?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
The expo is "expected" to be available 6 PM Pacific Time.. Also, by the way, "SexyBoy"(*nods*, that gives you lots of credibility ;) ), those are RUMORS....I'm sure Steve won't disappoint...they've failed to do that too many times to start now...

OP
S
Reaction score
ApplejustWorks said:
The expo is "expected" to be available 6 PM Pacific Time.. Also, by the way, "SexyBoy"(*nods*, that gives you lots of credibility ;) ), those are RUMORS....I'm sure Steve won't disappoint...they've failed to do that too many times to start now...
Thank you very much...I fell better now today is the day I have my credit card anything 1.8ghz and up im buying. Please im hoping for the best thanks applejustworks. I really hope thinksecret is full of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
ThinkSecret has rarely been wrong. I don't expect them to be this time unless Steve is leaking them false information to get back at them ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well a lot of the issues the original poster voiced seemed reminiscent of the PowerPC vs. Pentium debate: Why are the intel processors 2Ghz+ whilst the G4 is only at 1,67Ghz?

I think you either need to reoptimize your system because I can't see how your PC can much faster...

Perhaps your gripe is not with the hardware but with the OS itself...

OP
S
Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Well a lot of the issues the original poster voiced seemed reminiscent of the PowerPC vs. Pentium debate: Why are the intel processors 2Ghz+ whilst the G4 is only at 1,67Ghz?

I think you either need to reoptimize your system because I can't see how your PC can much faster...

Perhaps your gripe is not with the hardware but with the OS itself...
so ur saying that my 2ghz dothan wont be the crap out of a powerbook g4 1.67ghz apple just introduced. No im sry I am an apple customer but this is outrageous 167mhz in 9months that is just pathetic. Im sry but apple needs to shape up here cause it losing customers. I mean i own both mac and windows and windows by no doubt is so much faster than my powerbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Danster said:
There's no need for that this forum doesn't have any rules for proper english grammer + punctuation post's i mean i'm not great on the subject and it's not nice when people rip on you for it :(

Very few forums that I'm aware of have "rules" for grammar, punctuation, etc., but taking the time to compose your posts in a reasonable manner adds credibility to your arguments and also makes it easier for other members to understand what the poster is trying to convey. No one here (including myself) would ever "rip" on someone for leaving out a comma or misspelling a word, but writing in legitimate sentences with capitalization and some minimal punctuation isn't much to ask.

D

Danster

Padawan said:
Very few forums that I'm aware of have "rules" for grammar, punctuation, etc., but taking the time to compose your posts in a reasonable manner adds credibility to your arguments and also makes it easier for other members to understand what the poster is trying to convey. No one here (including myself) would ever "rip" on someone for leaving out a comma or misspelling a word, but writing in legitimate sentences with capitalization and some minimal punctuation isn't much to ask.

I see your point.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Now that the Apple site is back on-line. I don't see any upgrades to the powerbok line or the iBook line.

OP
S
Reaction score
Lets face it is a powerbook g4 1.67ghz i bet all my money on it why u may ask? Well if it was like a 2ghz g4 or dual core g4 it would have been announced today at apple but it wasnt so its just a speed bumb. But IDC cause my b-day is in may and thats when there supposed to make it g5. So i got over it!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When was the speed bump released and where?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It wasn't released yet as far as I know and I don't think they said anything about it during the MWSF Conference

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have checked the Apple site, and have read nothing about a speed bump.

OP
S
Reaction score
rman said:
I have checked the Apple site, and have read nothing about a speed bump.
I never siad there was going to be a speedbumb but Im putting all my money down for it. I hope im wrong but the lady said that they are updating the powerbooks.....she wouldnt give me a date but she said somewhere this week im like wowowow ur sooo helpful :radioacti

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.