This is truly Pathetic for apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Sexyboy said:
I never siad there was going to be a speedbumb but Im putting all my money down for it. I hope im wrong but the lady said that they are updating the powerbooks.....she wouldnt give me a date but she said somewhere this week im like wowowow ur sooo helpful :radioacti
Why don't you take it easy there

OP
S
Reaction score
trpnmonkey41 said:
Why don't you take it easy there
i know im just still upset im sry. I just want my powerbook g4 2ghz whaaaaaa u never know it maybe

D

Danster

ktparker said:
So, does this mean I shouldn't get my 15-inch PB on Sunday??

I'd wait because the old stock will get reduced whatever the outcome to make room for their new stock whatever it may be

(oooooo that sounds weird)

0_o

OP
S
Reaction score
Danster said:
I'd wait because the old stock will get reduced whatever the outcome to make room for their new stock whatever it may be

(oooooo that sounds weird)

0_o
trust me it wont be anything special, the powermac's are just going to see 3ghz.Thinksecret is very correct they hardly lie's, so its most likely going to be 1.67ghz.Thinksecret was right about the ipod shuffle, ilife 05, and umm... the mac mini. Sorry guys but thinksecret is very very accurate even if it is just rumors. They probably pay someone to get this info if not then how were they right about this there proably right 99 percent of the time. They are very accurate and if im goign to buy an powerbook ill still wait cause u never know. It just dosnet make sense to me becuase why apple would make us wait 9 freakin moths for this a pathetic update? By the time the powerbook g5 comes it will be too late the dual core centrinos will blow the waters even out of a single g5 easily very easily. I just think apple needs to re think is there a point of an powerbook if it cant event compete to similar lower priced notebooks. I know its sexy but i dont fell like paying a preunium fee for just a good operating syetem and a good looking notebook. I want something thats fast and good looking and a good os. But w.e. maybe im wrong only time will tell what will happen next. It also seems that apple only cares about the ipod well duhh cause thats where they make all of there money.

K

ktparker

Well, I don't care how much the update is, really. As long as it has the same price and a better, faster harddrive built in (instead of an option). So, is the consensus to wait a bit longer? Do they usually debut more things soon after events such as this, or does it take a month or two? I can't stand waiting!

L

Lasha

Wow! You guys who are upset because there wasn't an announcement about the PowerBooks are are just helps. Your PB feelin' slow on ya? GET MORE RAM! Doesn't it make sense that if all there was gonna be some minor changes and a freaking speed bump, Steve would've announced it? Well, aparently not to some of you. The PowerBook update is already delayed and got delayed again today. This only means ONE thing. Steve is working on something BIG. This "BIG" could either be a dual core G4, or a G5. Who knows when? I know it'll be soon. This summer at latest. That's when I am getting my PowerBook, so, yea. I'm a little upset and happy too. Now you know that you can expect something more than a speed bump!

OP
S
Reaction score
Lasha said:
Wow! You guys who are upset because there wasn't an announcement about the PowerBooks are are just helps. Your PB feelin' slow on ya? GET MORE RAM! Doesn't it make sense that if all there was gonna be some minor changes and a freaking speed bump, Steve would've announced it? Well, aparently not to some of you. The PowerBook update is already delayed and got delayed again today. This only means ONE thing. Steve is working on something BIG. This "BIG" could either be a dual core G4, or a G5. Who knows when? I know it'll be soon. This summer at latest. That's when I am getting my PowerBook, so, yea. I'm a little upset and happy too. Now you know that you can expect something more than a speed bump!
omg omg omg I fell better after i read what u said. It does seem like steve is proably waiting for something to add to the powerbook. Omg u may just be right im truly convinced it wont be a speed bump cause I always said that if he was going to do a speed bumb that i would have came long before the ibook update. You are amazing person even if ur wrong u always look at the bright side. Woow No ive became all excited again. Im holding off my money until I see what the powerbook updates are. Thanks so much no I fel 110012400249021340x better
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Id hate to burst any bubbles, but all sources point to only a speed bump, and possibly a max ram bump and hd size bump at most. I think a dual processor would be cool, but its also only a dream for now.

OP
S
Reaction score
Macman said:
Id hate to burst any bubbles, but all sources point to only a speed bump, and possibly a max ram bump and hd size bump at most. I think a dual processor would be cool, but its also only a dream for now.
will if it was a speed bump why didint they update it like 2 months ago. I really hope that apple is planning something big or then why are they taking so long for 167mhz. I doubted I think they have something up there sleve. U never know apple maybe fooling us all.

K

ktparker

I was at another forum and someone said this...

Comp-Usa is out of stock of most models of the powerbook nationwide. You can go to their webpage and put in your zipcode to check it out for yourself since it shows delayed stock numbers. Also, the 15" 1.5ghz PB is not even available to be shipped from their online store anymore.

All major mac online retailers (macmall, clubmac, macconnetion, etc...) are out of stock of the 15" PB models with restock dates of 2 weeks+. To see this information go to their webpages, where they tell you to call for stock information. Well, I called and each conversation went along these lines...

"We are out of stock but we should have more in soon... Let me check... Hmm, that is weird, it looks like we have no ETA as to when we will get any more in. We usually get a daily email letting us know when out of stock items will arrive, but in this case there isn't any info".

I checked CompUSA and entered my zip code and, sure enough, it said SOLD OUT for all four locations. Oh, they were also talking about how the PB image on the main Apple Store website has changed from the dark blue picture to a daytime picture of the Golden Gate Bridge. Are these good signs for an update soon?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It looks like a dual G4 processor or a dual core G4 processor maybe in the near future, than the G5.

OP
S
Reaction score
what is apple going to do

I have a question if this si true no g5 till 06 then what will apple do to go after the big guys. I mean dual g4's are not very fast comapred to dual core centrino. I mean two g4's are faster than 1 centrino but not as fast as 2....u may ask how i know this well if a g4 at a higher frequency is slower than a centrino at a lower frequency that means once centrino goes dual core apple is screwed. I mean why are they so behind technology?? I mean in order to stay with the competion and if apple wnats to go after notebook sales wich they do well then what are they waiting for. Either that or go ask intel for pentium m's cause now those g4's are looking kind of old. the top of the line g4 say when its updated to ill be nice and say 1.7ghz wich is unlikely is about the same speed as pentium m 1.5ghz or less not very fast. Ohh man I mean why cant they have a sinlge 2.3ghz g4 or why cant apple make there on proccers. I mean apple is really s***** when it come to preformance on a notebook but it looks like apple is just focuosing on the ipod and can care less about anything else.I mean apple does make all of there money off the ipod they sold almost 5 million during december.

OP
S
Reaction score
ktparker said:
I was at another forum and someone said this...

Comp-Usa is out of stock of most models of the powerbook nationwide. You can go to their webpage and put in your zipcode to check it out for yourself since it shows delayed stock numbers. Also, the 15" 1.5ghz PB is not even available to be shipped from their online store anymore.

All major mac online retailers (macmall, clubmac, macconnetion, etc...) are out of stock of the 15" PB models with restock dates of 2 weeks+. To see this information go to their webpages, where they tell you to call for stock information. Well, I called and each conversation went along these lines...

"We are out of stock but we should have more in soon... Let me check... Hmm, that is weird, it looks like we have no ETA as to when we will get any more in. We usually get a daily email letting us know when out of stock items will arrive, but in this case there isn't any info".

I checked CompUSA and entered my zip code and, sure enough, it said SOLD OUT for all four locations. Oh, they were also talking about how the PB image on the main Apple Store website has changed from the dark blue picture to a daytime picture of the Golden Gate Bridge. Are these good signs for an update soon?
Well go to Jr.con and the powerbooks are in stock its just a minor bump

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Sexyboy said:
Well go to Jr.con and the powerbooks are in stock its just a minor bump
Per your suggestion, I went to www.jr.com. I did not find any powerbooks with a clock speed greater than 1.5Ghz.

OP
S
Reaction score
rman said:
Per your suggestion, I went to www.jr.com. I did not find any powerbooks with a clock speed greater than 1.5Ghz.
i said it wouldnt be greater than 1.5ghz but he said that it would have been sold out i jsut pointedf that its not sold out.

OP
S
Reaction score
ApplejustWorks said:
The expo is "expected" to be available 6 PM Pacific Time.. Also, by the way, "SexyBoy"(*nods*, that gives you lots of credibility ;) ), those are RUMORS....I'm sure Steve won't disappoint...they've failed to do that too many times to start now...
well it looks like they disapointed us agian. Well thinksecret says there making the speed bumps in feb. I dont know what to ssay other than *** *** *** ***. NOW if anyone wants to say how great apple is making nnotebooks i really dont think so. I mean im a loyal apple coustomer but I dont think 100mhz upgrades every 9months is effiecent. I mean come on apple what are u doing if g5's arent coming out till sept 05 then I expect you to do some major overcloking to those powerbooks cause they simply can not compete to the to anything right now. THey are way too overpriced for such slow prefromance. I just hope im wrong but i know I aint think secret was right on everything about the apple expo and I cant see how wrong they could be now :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Sexyboy said:
well it looks like they disapointed us agian. Well thinksecret says there making the speed bumps in feb. I dont know what to ssay other than *** *** *** ***. NOW if anyone wants to say how great apple is making nnotebooks i really dont think so. I mean im a loyal apple coustomer but I dont think 100mhz upgrades every 9months is effiecent. I mean come on apple what are u doing if g5's arent coming out till sept 05 then I expect you to do some major overcloking to those powerbooks cause they simply can not compete to the to anything right now. THey are way too overpriced for such slow prefromance. I just hope im wrong but i know I aint think secret was right on everything about the apple expo and I cant see how wrong they could be now :eek:
Has anybody ever told you that you complain a lot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.