Axis Network Camera's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Howdy folks (newbie here),

I suspect there may be a better place to post (and view) questions on network camera's... let me know if there is, and/or if my question has already been answered.

I just hooked up an Axis 207 network camera, and pointed it at my daughters pet turtle (yeah I know... who needs a turtle cam!?!?!)

Happy's House

Okay it works fine (if you have Axis Control Media). I also made a java script version for 'puters that can't handle Axis media Control:

Happy's House

But I can't get the audio to come through whether I use Axis Control Media or Quicktime!!! The video and audio should be streaming in MPEG4 format. I can ONLY hear the audio when I view it through my local IP address, but not my external IP. So I know the microphone is working and streaming okay because it works locally. And yes, I have forwarded port 554 in my Airport Extreme.

Does anybody get video and audio for their network cam's when using an external IP address? If so... what's the deal? What kind of camera do you use?

Oh by the way... the turtle's name is HAPPY, and he bites! So don't touch the screen when viewing! :)

In fact... let me try to embed the current "live" image in this thread... yeah... that would be kewl (it should update on every refresh):

image.cgi

Well okay... that worked (if turtle is not on platform, his favorite roosting place, he is swimming).

But when viewing the actual video in the first two links, there is no audio gosh darn it!

SIGH!

I want people to be able to hear the turtle when he sings!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.