New To Mac's with major website issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 24" 3.06 Ghz, 4 Gb ram
Hello all,
I have just recently taken the migration plunge from the PC to the Mac and I have been nothing but impressed.
However I also run a website for a local boys football side and seem to have run into a raft of issues.
The web site is written in Dreamweaver and uses the CSS format, however since the move to a Mac I can no longer view the site properly and the navigation buttons don't work. They still work and operate and view correctly on a PC ......................:Lips-Are-Sealed:
Is there anyone who can shed any light as to why the Mac wont view the site and operate it correctly.
Langtoft Junior FC
If I load just the buttons I can use them only for one navigation and then it back to square one.................:Angry-Tongue:
Many thanks for your anticipated help.

imac 24" 3.06 4 ram fully up to date with updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Probably some missing software there. I'm not an expert at that however.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the swift reply Keith.
I cannot understand why I and everyone with a Mac sees one thing yet the PC is happy. I am unsure what software I would require seems the Mac should already have the java and flash loaded.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Just FYI, it has nothing to do with the OS, it also displays improperly on a PC using any web browser other than Internet Explorer. Do note that many of the more savvy computer users have long abandoned IE due to the massive security flaws that afflict it. You may want to change your scrolling message (and by all means, speed up the scroll rate!).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
The buttons work in Firefox, though they're not where they're supposed to be. The site works perfectly on Internet Explorer for Mac. As cwa said, this is a result of a website designed to rely specifically on IE, not problems with the Mac platform. And luckily for you, there is an Internet Explorer 5.2 for Mac.

M

MacInWin

On my Mac, using Firefox, the buttons work, although they are not in the correct place. It looks like the other posters are correct, the site is designed specifically for IE, and more importantly, a newer version of IE. And that scroll is really, really slow.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
This is due to not thinking about your viewers. When you design a website you need to think ahead and design so that it can be viewed correctly. Either it be by a computer or for a phone.

In your case you need to test your webpage on different web browsers to make sure it is displayed correctly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
This is due to improper coding- when designing a site, you should test it in as many major browsers and OS's as possible. IE is horrendous when it comes to being compliant to web standards, whereas Safari and Firefox are much more compliant.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apologies for the slow scrolling .......... I will speed it up.
Unfortunately when this site was designed and constructed, it was by someone who only has the understanding of "if it looks good..... its works fine"
I thought that the whole idea of using a conventional coded programmer like CSS via the Adobe Dreamweaver package would enable the site to run on anything. I have another dream-team football site written on exactly the same packages and that looks and works fine.
I am not a programmer just a bod who has had a go. and i would be unsure how I test it on all the other platforms you mention.
I take it that CSS dreamweaver programming is uncompatable with a Mac then..
I am very confused.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Dreamweaver is just a tool - you'll be able to create sites that work with any browser with it just fine... however you can also make sites that won't work fine...

My advice: Loose the fancy buttons for the time being and just make them simple text links.

Note that this is not a mac issue: Google's new Chrome browser and Safari for Windows will most likely have the same problems...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.