audio on dvd, recorded in flac, get blank disc error message

Reaction score
I've got audio on dvds that a buddy of mine burned for me, and my dvd player (PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109) gives me a 'blank disc inserted, what do you want to do?' message. The disc(s) are not blank, you can see that they have been burned.

Apparently, my buddy is a philistine who used one of those 'other' machines.:Confused: why, I don't know, but whatever. Takes all kinds, I guess.:Smirk:

Just now, when I went to check which version of iTunes i had, I got asked if I wanted to upgrade to iTunes 8. When did that come out? It couldn't have been more than a few days, maybe a week, tops since I've listened to something on this computer
(Machine Name: Power Mac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac7,3
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 2 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 1 GHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2.4f1).

What do I have to do to listen to these discs. I've never had any problems before, just put in disc and play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Ok first, your DVD player as in set-top, or your DVD drive in your computer? The wording is a little confusing.

OP
B
Reaction score
Ok first, your DVD player as in set-top, or your DVD drive in your computer? The wording is a little confusing.

sorry about that, the DVD drive in my computer. I put the disc(s) in, and the pop-up window informs me that "You inserted a blank DVD. Choose an action from the pop-up menu or click Ignore."

Clicking Ignore makes the DVD icon on the desktop go away. Eject does the obvious. None of the menu items opens the DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Thats really odd, I wonder if they weren't closed (as in the sessions). What does it show you when you pop it in and look at it through Disk Utility, any more information there?

OP
B
Reaction score
Thats really odd, I wonder if they weren't closed (as in the sessions). What does it show you when you pop it in and look at it through Disk Utility, any more information there?

the disc does not show up at all in disc utility. :[

I guess the guy who burned them did not close the session properly. Oh, well, I appreciate the effort. Thanks again for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.0 GHz/1 GB/80
I have the same problem with a DVD.

Maybe it didn't close the session.

How can I finalize it if my mac don't recognize it?

Thanks

Pacman

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.