Restoring a Mac

Reaction score
how would you go about restoring a Mac to how it was when I first turned it on, I feel like i have alot on my mac thats all over the place when I first got it, downloaded lots of stuff that I didn't need etc and I would like to take it back to factory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Do you have he original restore discs that came with your mac

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Should have Time Machined your Mac when you first got it, so that you would at least have a restore point. Which would have been factory.

Now all you can do is back up your stuff and use your restore disk to do it.

OP
P
Reaction score
okay cool I don't have that much on here just final cut, ps3 and illustrator so I'm good i do need to get another external hd though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
assuming you have the install discs for the other software you can use the restore discs to do a clean install, do back-up your old system first - ideally to an external, using SuperDuper, just in case you change your mind

OP
P
Reaction score
so the process is just stick the restore disks in and choose restore or are there other things i gotta do

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.