Completely removing applications

N

NuKe

Hi,
I am wondering about when you remove an application by sending the app. from the Mac HS -> Applications -> App. X, to the Trash, if it removes everything for that App. To better explain myself, in Windows, when you would want to remove a program, you would have to go to the Add/Remove programs list, then remove it from there, and yet that would be ok for most people, there would still be parts of the program imbedded in the registry and on parts of the hard drive you couldn's access very easily. So, if I want to remove a program that is in the applications folder, to I need to do anything other than just sending it to Trash, and then emptying Trash?

thanks,
Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
on mac, just deleteing the app does just that, preference files, extensions and such are still on the mac. to get rid of all traces of the app, do a search in a finder window by typing in the first few letters of the app and deleting related items that come up.

OP
D

Danster

yup i had this crappy firewall i downloaded and had traces of it everywere so i did a search as Macman said and deleted everything that came up and that was that.
gone for good :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.