Leopard and iDVD incompatibility

Reaction score
I have recently upgraded to Leopard and I have just discovered iDVD 4.01 will not run on it. How can I upgrade my iDVD (to 6.04 or 7.01 as suggested) without upgrading iLife ? I don't see why I should have to fork out $80 for something that was working perfectly well before.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Your only solution then is to down grade your OS to the one that is supported by iDVD 4.0.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Why not set up an external HDD and install Tiger on that. If you have a PPC will need a Firewire connection, Apple Partition Map formatting.

If Intel no problems will boot using USB 2 or Firewire. When you need iDVD 4 just boot from the external HD.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions. I do think it is very poor that I have to go to these lengths just to use iDVD - something I've already paid for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well computing is like that alas. New models equals new operating system equals updating (read new and another purchase price) software. And you can use it but not with Leopard. Wise to check this out before upgrading.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.