iPod Touch - App Store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello people,

So when ever I want to download something from the App Store while I am on my iPod, upgrade existing programs, etc. I am always asked to enter the associated Username and Password. I know them but they aren't even mine since my friend is the one who added everything for me, so it's his email and password. Is there any way I can change this? I want it to be registered with my email address, at least it'll be easier for me to write the password down everytime. Thanks a lot.

- Tarek

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can use any iTunes Account, but if you can't register a credit card, it may not allow you to create an iTunes Account.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine doesn't work online, I have a Visa Electron. I tried using my father's Gold Visa Card, Master Card, Credit Card, etc. and none of them worked online. That was when I was trying to buy some cash for an online game I played. Actually several online games.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you, exclusive, appreciate it :].

Reaction score
can you then iTunes gift cards to an account created this way? (and thus be able to purchase anything in the iTunes stores)

Reaction score
Can you create an account without a credit card, add credit with the help of iTunes gift cards and then purchase from the iTunes Store?

Or do you absolutely need to have a credit card linked to your account for purchases (even when using gift cards)

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure but I guess it's better if your credit card is already linked to the account for purchases. At least that's how it goes with other websites. However, I already bought the newest software upgrade for my iPod from my dad's credit card like three or four days ago, but now I was doing some search for a friend of mine because he doesn't have a credit card, and I found a link that tells you how to upgrade that FOR FREE. Lol! I guess I am not allowed to post it though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.