IRC Client Chaos

Reaction score
I'm pulling my hair out trying to get my IRC clients to work on my Leopard.

None of them seem to be connecting to any servers at all.
I can boot into XP and access mIRC on my same iMac, so I figure its not my router blocking the ports.

Am I missing something here? How can I check and see if OS X is blocking my IRC traffic? What port numbers are you using?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What IRC clients are you running under OSX that you are having issues with?

OP
Z
Reaction score
I figured it out. I had to put in the range of port numbers instead of the defaulted ones left in the clients. It works now...

Reaction score
IRC Clients on OS X NOT connecting to IRC Networks/servers

What IRC clients are you running under OSX that you are having issues with?

I know this thread is years old, however I am currently facing this same issue! It's absolutely driving me insane!
The user below you said they resolved the issue by changing the default ports to a range in the client he was using so I assume he set 6667-7000
however not much more information was given. To answer your question its ANY IRC client. I can connect fine on my phone through WiFi so I know it can't be my internet or my router. On top of this, I have tried with not only my iMAC but my iPad 3 and my iPad Air. NOTHING works!
The clients I'm trying are XCHAT Azure and LimeChat.
PLEASE help me resolve this issue It's very upsetting!
P.S. If you must know I'm using Yosemite.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.