iTunes Radio AWOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
When trying to get access to streaming radio via the stations listed in iTunes 7, I get the message that iTunes cannot contact the radio tuning service (see att.). This is a recent occurrence that may be related to troubles with my Network Prefs, which I have locked, so will test that theory, but has anyone else met this problem?

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It's seems to be working fine here...
"Locking" your Network Prefs only means that the settings can't be changed without an admin password... it shouldn't affect your internet connection otherwise.

If your internet is working normally, this should work too. Are you using the latest version of iTunes?

OP
hughvane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
It's seems to be working fine here...If your internet is working normally, this should work too. Are you using the latest version of iTunes?

No, and I don't want to. v7 is fine for what I need to do, and radio was working tickety-boo with v7 until about a week ago, which, from memory, was when I last tried to tune in.

You're right about the SysPref settings, it's just that I've had so much cr*p with the bug in the last update trying to tell me my network settings have been changed by another application, that I've adopted a "blame the SysPrefs" for everything from famine in Africa to the weather locally. :Grimmace:

Update: found the answer with Google, which gave me this link Apple - Support - Discussions - iTunes 8 breaks radio tuning servic ...
I thought it might also explain the "Your network settings have been changed by another application" curse, but no such luck. Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Glad you were able to work it out!

I would point out though that by sticking with version 7 you might just see some stuff break at some point or another...

From my experience working in software support, there's usually not much attention paid to maintaining compatibility with older versions of software is a newer is available for free... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.