Unable to open mail

Reaction score
i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but i'm going to do it anyway cause i'm desperate.

basically, i can't open any mails in my inbox in hotmail. i click my mail and nothing happens. my mac has a partitioned hard drive, i have tried opening mails on both browsers mozilla and safari on mac and on internet explorer on the windows side and i get the same result. is this a javascript problem? do i have a virus? if so, how can i get rid of it?

help please.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you can't open any of your mail messages that reside in the Hotmail In Box when using OS X or Windows, it could be the account is shut down.

Can you send mail through Hotmail? Can you read stored messages? You might also try contacting their support and find out if your account is still active.

Regards.

Reaction score
Same problem - unable to open emails in hotmail suddenly

Hi,

Hey I have the same problem, I've been using hotmail since 1998. And I've been a mac user for the last 9 years. Never had a problem till a few days ago. I can open my hotmail account and can click on inbox but when I try to open any specific email, it freezes and does nothing - and then nothing happens when I try to click on other folders. There's nothing wrong with my hotmail account - it is still active and works fine on my work PC!

I'm sure I'm not the only one - this only started a few days ago. My current Mac is less a year old and nothing's wrong with it. Same reaction in Firefox too.

Anyone able to help?
Cheers
Skulls

Reaction score
hi,

i'm having the same problems too. For the past few days i'm unable to open or delete any mails in the inbox... however i'm able to open my draft mails though...

any helps will be much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.