iPod Touch's iTune Library

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Good day everyone,

I have like only 999 MB of free space from 16 GB of storage on my iPod Touch. Since a friend of mine put songs, applications, videos, etc. for me, everything is stored on his iTunes library; which means I can not add songs, videos, install applications, etc. from my iTunes library (Sync) or every thing will be erased from the iPod so it would sync with my own iTunes library. Is there any way possible to copy everything from the current library in the iPod, erase and sync with my notebook, then load it all back so I would be able to add new songs, applications, etc.? Thank you for your time, and I hope what I said was clear.

- Tarek Elsakka

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for replying. However, manual management did not work for me. And I don't think backing up will benefit me because I want to add things to what's currently in there without having to erase and sync.

Reaction score
You could rip the music out of the ipod to your computer, then just set it up to sync with your itunes library after you've transferred everything over. If your library is bigger than the capacity of your ipod, create a playlist specifically for your ipod and just sync that playlist.

Best and easiest thing would to restore the ipod on a PC and set it to manually manage, that way you could get music and videos from both PC's and Macs.

These programs work good to rip the music out.

Mac:
Ipod rip ($15)
Senuti (Free)

PC:
Sharepod (Free)

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you, I will give it a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.