Squeezebox can't find DHCP server

Reaction score
Hello
Yesterday I bought a Logitech Squeezebox - a network audio player - so I can connect wirelessly with my iMac (OSX 10.5.5) and stream all the music from it, onto the Squeezebox. I brought it home, downloaded the software for the mac and even managed to get the alienbbc plugin sorted so I can listen to BBC radio stations using it.

It connected up first time and found an IP address using the DHCP server.
This morning my Mac went to sleep while I had the radio playing through the Squeezebox. The squeezebox switched off, so I woke the Mac up and found the Squeezebox wouldn't connect to the Squeezecenter (the bit of 'server' software on the Mac which makes the two things work). I've reset everything, deleted all the files and completed a fresh, clean install and I can't get the two to connect - I've set the firewall to allow access to the Squeezebox/Squeezecenter, but I can't get the thing to connect.

I need to find the IP address of my Mac (I assume) ether manually or via the DHCP server. I'm not particularly techincal so if you know what I'm doing and can explain in a way a four year old would understand, please let me know! I'm not even totally sure how to view the IP address of my Mac (I can find IPV4 if that means anything?).
Help!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.