FireFox Browser for iPhone 3G?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
I hate Safari and was wondering if anyone knows if Firefox will be released anytime soon for the iPhone 3G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Mozilla announced not too long ago that there are technical hurdles that are keeping the company from releasing Firefox for the iPhone. It's most likely Apple making sure Safari is the only browser used on the iPhone.

However, the company has recently posted concepts of Firefox for mobile devices, one for touch screen devices and another for non-touch screen devices. It's possible that we might see Firefox on the iPhone someday.

OP
MacNNJ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it and my fingers crossed.

I found out that Safari crashes on a few websites. I went to the Apple store and all the phones on display, as well as the 16GB one the sales person had, did the EXACT same thing.

Hopefully it will be addressed with an upcoming update.

Reaction score
I don't think it's going to happen (at least on non-jailbreak iPhones). Apple wants to control the entire user-experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it and my fingers crossed.

I found out that Safari crashes on a few websites. I went to the Apple store and all the phones on display, as well as the 16GB one the sales person had, did the EXACT same thing.

Hopefully it will be addressed with an upcoming update.

Maybe it has to do with the website. Try contacting that website and letting them know about it.

OP
MacNNJ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't think it's going to happen (at least on non-jailbreak iPhones). Apple wants to control the entire user-experience.
Is there a way to update Safari on the iphone 3G? When an update is available, will it automatically update or will I have to do it? Or, will it be avail through Apps Store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Is there a way to update Safari on the iphone 3G? When an update is available, will it automatically update or will I have to do it? Or, will it be avail through Apps Store?

It would most likely be updated threw iTunes with Apple releases new firmware versions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.