What does this mean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Good day everyone,

So now when I restarted from Windows to boot in Macintosh, I received this error.

f_Picture1m_28d062a.jpg

I don't really get what it means, but I guess from what I read, it meant that there is something wrong in the Windows (Untitled) partition and that's why it is not shown on the Desktop. So can some one please explain what this exactly means and how can I fix it and make the Untitled partition appear again? Thank you very much and thanks for your time.

- Tarek

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I think it means an NTFS partition is attached to the computer that your NTFS driver can not read.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First, thank you very much for replying. Second, do you happen to know any solution to fix this? I would like my windows partition to appear on the desktop again, because I keep copying and pasting stuff between the Mac and the Windows, I even made the partition 62 GB so it would take all the stuff I store in. Thanks again!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Have you tried booting back to windows and shutting down again? I have never seen that message but reading it carefully sounds like that might fix it. If not run Windows chkdsk on that partition and see if that fixes it.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you very much, drtravis7 and PowerbookG4. Yes, I booted in Windows and safely shut down, and it worked. I can now access my Windows (Untitled) partition while I am on Macintosh. Thanks a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.