Advantage of the MacBook or MacBook Air?

Chi

Reaction score
What is the advantage of the MacBook Air over other notebooks or netbooks?

I just want to get a light computer for going to lectures or seminars, and the price of the MacBook or MacBook Air is a bit too high! :Oops:

Any reason why Apple is selling notebooks at a few times the price of a netbook? And will Apple release a netbook anytime soon?

I checked on Amazon, a small Eee PC 2G is around $250 US, and a Eee PC 901 16G (16GB SSD HD, 1GB memory, 8.9" display) is around $330 US. They both are lighter than the MacBook Air.

I am used to Windows, and I have some (limited) Mac, Solaris and Linux experience. Anyone here owns both a MacBook and a Eee PC? What is your suggestion?

ASUS Eee PC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aspire One - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

--Chi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The advantage of Macs is OS X. If you have no particular desire to use OS X and can settle on Windows or Linux, then I suggest saving your money and just go for the Eee PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
And you can't seriously compare a netbook to the MacBook Air......they aren't even remotely close to one another.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.