Big size LCD TV for Mac Pro

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking around for a big size display for a Mac Pro, 30 to 40 inches or there about.

Is any of you currently using an LCD TV with a mac pro (geforce 8800 GT) without problems?

From what I can see so far big size LCD TVs are cheaper than big size LCD Monitors. Yes most LCD TVs will stop at 1920x1200 while montiors can go much higher. My main use will be music software (e.g. Logic Studio) and some game.

Thank you for any help you can give me

OP
H
Reaction score
Hi,

In terms of TVs so far my reference in terms of size and price are

Samsung LE 40A556P (£590)
LG 42LG5010 (580)

Do you guys know if they work fine at 1920-1200 with a mac pro running a Geforce 8800 GT?

Cheers

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
What be the point of running those TVs at such a high resolution? They only support a native resolution of 1080p.

Check out Richersounds for decently priced TVs.

OP
H
Reaction score
Hi B&O,
thank you for your reply

Looks like I'm opting for 2 x 24 inch monitors instead one big TV

I'm trying to keep costs down, all I need is two screens that are good enough to mainly display software applications like Logic Pro 8, etc...

My choice now is on 2 Dell 24" monitors, their cheap HD ones

Dell S2409W Full HD Monitor
http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna...hs1&sku=180695

Any reason whey I shouldn't? Am I correct in thinking they will work with the 8800GT on the Mac Pro? I will give Dell a call to ask (if they know )

OP
H
Reaction score
Hi,
in case anyone was checking this thread to see if those DELL monitors worked out good in the end... YES!

My MAC PRO runs a 8800GT and after plugging things in (I'm using DVI-D Dual Link cables instead DELL default Single Link) both monitors worked straight away without need for any setup.

For my own needs looks like those two monitors was the right choice

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Sounds like a sweet setup! I hooked up my MBP to my Samsung 52" 1080p LCD and it looks pretty good. I am only getting interlaced, but I found a workaround to actually get 1080p instead of 1080i. I am hoping to try it out this weekend. Now I need to get a wireless keyboard and mouse and I should be in Mac/couch surfing nirvana!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.