Boot leopard from Ipod?

Reaction score
Hi,
Is there a way to install leopard from my Ipod? I am aware how to turn the Ipod into a hard-drive, and to put the dmg onto the Ipod, but how to I install it onto my Macbook from the Ipod? Anyone know? Anyone know a website that has a tutorial? Thanksss...

Reaction score
What you need to do is either boot from a CD or DVD or a external USB device or Firewire drive with OS X actually installed! Then you can boot from that device and mount the DMG and run the installation routine.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Depends what kind of iPod. I don't think you can boot off an iTouch because it doesn't have disk mode.

On the other iPods you can just plug it in and then go into disk utilities and format the iPod. I think you need to format it as GUID or something like that.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks everyone

I figured it out. I was able to boot it off the Ipod 30GB. Thanks, have a great night.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.