Flip Video and MPEG Streamclip...

Reaction score
Hey All! I'm new to the forums, but have been using the forums for help for sometime. I'm glad to join in, and maybe you guys can help me out.

I purchased a Flip Video camera a few weeks ago. As much as I want to love it, it uses AVI format, not directly compatible with iMovie. The software that came with it is.. eh. It takes too long to compress, where as with iMovie, it's pretty fast.

So after searching high and low for a free converter, I gave up. Until today, I read a review from a gal that was instructed by Apple to download MPEG Streamclip. I downloaded it, and it's just impossible! It keeps crashing. It won't export at all without crashing. I have to do a "save as". Fine, save as allows for a MOV option. Except.... when I export, there is no sound.

So I'm just completely frustrated again. I really love this camera, but nothing I do is working. Does anyone know of any other programs to help convert video to an acceptable format for iMovie?

Any advice or help is GREATLY appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.