20" mac dead??

Reaction score
Hey, i got a new mac september of last year, so of course now that the warranty is expired its dead. from a cold start it will run for about 2 minutes, than die. and trying to start it anytime after its already run it will die before it finishes booting up. anyone have any idea????
hopefully not a dead processor and just a fan problem, any possibility of a malicious virus getting onto a mac??? any input would be great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4 Ghz Core duo, 2Gb ram, 250hdd, 128ram Graphic card and Macbook "BLACK" 2.16 ghz...
Tray to change the hard disk if you can, or it could be the ram!Tray to put some other ram, andd then i think that must work!!Don´t think that is something else!

Cheers, and good luck:Blushing:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey, i got a new mac september of last year, so of course now that the warranty is expired its dead. from a cold start it will run for about 2 minutes, than die. and trying to start it anytime after its already run it will die before it finishes booting up. anyone have any idea????
hopefully not a dead processor and just a fan problem, any possibility of a malicious virus getting onto a mac??? any input would be great

I wonder how many folks are using hindsight and wishing they had purchased applecare?

Try to boot your iMac with the installation disk and run First Aid. If the boot process dies even when booting with the disk, it may be related to a hardware problem within the machine. Not likely the CPU, and it doesn't sound like a hard drive that died. Could be a bad logic board or something less drastic like the fans not running.

You may have to take it on in to Apple for repair.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.