Applescript help

Reaction score
Afternoon, I am using the program filemaker but I don't think that is a neccesary prerequisite for my question. I am looking to get filemaker to send information to maxbulk mailer on another machine using apple scripts. The code to do this locally is this:

Go to Record/Request/Page[First]
Send Event ["MaxBulk Mailer - X 4.3.2 (US)"; "DELE"; "AESC"]
Loop
Send Event ["MaxBulk Mailer - X 4.3.2 (US)"; "MaxB"; "DATA"; /*Add recipients from Filemaker::DATA*/]
Go to Record/Request/Page[Next; Exit after last]
End Loop
Send Event["MaxBulk Mailer - X 4.3.2 (US)"; "misc";"dosc"]

Basically though I need to be able to send the event to ip 192.168.0.4's copy of maxbulk. How do I go about this?

Reaction score
It would probably be wiser to use terminal to do this. I am no expert but I suggest netcat/nc. You need to have access to wherever you are trying to transfer your files. The syntax would (on a mac, linux is a different ballgame all together) "nc -l 2222 <whatever you want to call the file" on the machine you want to transfer the files to. The syntax would be "nc -p 2222 youripaddress >file you are transferring". Enter those commands without quotes. Hope this helps, if your are dead set on using script editor then I suggest do shell script "nc junk" also on openBSD, macs, you can make your computer continually listen for a signal on that port from your computer. You can choose the port you want but I believe the first 1048 require a sudo command to use. In applescript to use sudo add "with administrative privileges". This is necessary to use these lower ports.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.