i need help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4 Ghz Core duo, 2Gb ram, 250hdd, 128ram Graphic card and Macbook "BLACK" 2.16 ghz...
Hy guys, i am a apple salesman in Croatia, and i have a question!Its a problem to change a graphic card and the hard disk on iMac?!And if someone have scheme how to do it?!I should be grateful!!

Thanks!!:D ;D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hi!

ifixit.com should be able to tell you how to upgrade the internal harddrive. Bear in mind though that unless you're a certified Apple Service Partner, modifying the harddrive will void the iMac's warranty.

Re. the graphics card:

Short answer: No it's not.
Long answer: If you're a sales person, you can order certain cto-configurations from Apple that allow you to customize the components on certain Macs.

However, Apple usually only offer one or two graphics cards on the iMacs - check the Apple website for details.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4 Ghz Core duo, 2Gb ram, 250hdd, 128ram Graphic card and Macbook "BLACK" 2.16 ghz...
Thank's man!In a few months i'l be a certified apple servicer, so i just ask to see if is possible and to learn few things about that!But the graphic card is impossible to change?!

Thanks again!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
As far as I know it's soldered onto the logicboard. I think I remember hearing that the first 24" models used a discreet graphics card, but I've no idea if you can really upgrade them...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless you're able to access the main board and remove the graphics card without doing damage, I wouldn't even attempt it. The graphics chipset assembly and vram while discreet, is soldered onto the multi-layer main board. The hard drive can be replaced, however.

Take a look at this website and get an idea of what the inside of an iMac looks like. The author describes replacing the HD but has nice photos of the main board, logic board and graphics.

Replacing a Hard Drive in an Intel iMac » Jason Tomczak

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.