Facebook 2.0 App not logging in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Anyone else experience this? I'm on a 2G 32GB iPod Touch, I can load facebook in Safari fine, but trying to use the actual Facebook app just results in an endless spinning gif and "Logging In". Ive tryed re-installing the app, logging out from my laptop, if I enter the wrong password it recognizes that straight away, just wont log in at all. Any help would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK, 2 gig, 160g HDD, 13 inch
yeha ive had the same problem, i got the 8g touch, so i just use safari for it. no biggie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I had a similar problem However, I could not type in my username and password. The keyboard was actually frozen. I just opened and forced quit it a lot of times. One I got it to work 2.0 is so much better than the original app.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Mine works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
The older version worked fine for me, and I just updated to the new version from App Store and works better than ever. By the way, using Facebook on that application is much much better than on Safari or any other web browser. Have you tried redownloading it from the App Store while you are on your iPod? Not just install it from your computer to the iPod? Maybe that would work? I don't know, I am not an expert, that was just a simple, lame suggestion :D. Good luck and hope to hear the results soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD
I've had this same issue and have been forced to just save a weblink of facebook on my ipod touch home screen. I've tried deleting it and redownloading it straight from the the ipod's app store and am out of ideas. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No problems here for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I guess I will have to just try completely formatting my iPod Touch and seeing if maybe that will resolve it. I will let you guys know when I get home from work to try it.

-Ping

OP
MacBurg
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Not sure why but the Facebook app is now working perfectly for me. I was having problems with WiFi conections, both at home and on my local network in town, so I removed the app "WiFinder" that I had installed, and after that my problems disappeared. Not too sure if its something I did at my end or the facebook end, but it just "started" working. Definately beats using Safari hands down, so good luck, I will provide more info if I figure out the exact reasons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 Macbook Pro, 2.5, 200GB 7200rpm HDD, 4GB RAM- 24" iMac 2.9, 1TB HDD, 4GB, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods
Yea I had the same problem, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it from the app store and no more problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry I didn't post earlier, but I wonder if they changed something on the back end that didn't require an update on our side. It just magically started working and haven't had a problem since.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.