How the heck do I delete this file?

Reaction score
I have a file on my machine which I would like to delete I try to move it to trash and it appears to go but stays in the original location as well. There is no error as to why it cannot be deleted and no real reason for the problem. I also cannot rename this file. Any ideas as to how to get rid of it would be great.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Is it write protected?

Check by right clicking on it and looking at the info (from memory i think theres a check box in there)

OP
J
Reaction score
Is it write protected?

Check by right clicking on it and looking at the info (from memory i think theres a check box in there)

And what do you do if the More Info just keeps saying fetching and never finishes looking. I must admit I don't see why my boss is so worried its a 24kb that isn't a virus... Also what is it called when there is a little picture of a gremlin on the file.
Sorry for the basicness of my questions I literally started working on macs on Wednesday (2 days ago).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.