Macintosh Classic Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
On the Wishlist
Hey everyone!
First of all, Hi! I'm Mangoozie and I hope to be an active user here! I have decided to get a 24" iMac for christmas and I seriously can't wait!

Anyway, I just picked ap a Mac Classic at a garage sale. It also came with a Hard Disk all the little bits and pieces (Keyboard, Mouse) and even a StyleWriter for a total of $2! They must have been very computer un-savy though because all the programs are corrupted, and bassically nothing works the way it should.... So I was hoping there would be a way to re-instate it to it's former glory. I know that you can re-install iPod's to there original factory settings. Is there anyway I can do this with the Classic? I don't have any re-install floppy/disks. Is there like a support page where I can download the OS or anything (That probably sounded very illegal O:))

Here are the Specs:

Macintosh Classic
Finder Z1-6.1.7
System Z1-6.0.7
Total Hard Disk Space: 1024k
Hard Disk: Rodime 20 Plus

Thanks very much to anyone who can help me with this! I really would love to see this thing in action!

EDIT: The kind people at Apple just provided me with the disk images for 6.0.8 which is a bit of an upgrade! I recieved them in 4 Binary files labeled:
SSW_6.0.8-800k_Disk1of4.sea
SSW_6.0.8-800k_Disk2of4.sea
SSW_6.0.8-800k_Disk3of4.sea
SSW_6.0.8-800k_Disk4of4.sea

I have spare floppy disks, but Windows doesn't want to recognise them.... Any sugestions on how I can get them on the the floppys and how to do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.