Macbook Pro LCD Screen & Apple Store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4" C2D 2.4GHz 2GB Ram 160GB HD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Nano 8GB
I've researched everywhere and just couldn't get answers. So i'll ask you folks.

10 Month old MBP

I've just transferred majors to graphic design and i've just noticed that the bottom third of my screen looks dirty and more cream and darker than the rest. As a design student, not only do I find it irritating but also unacceptable especially when working in fullscreen mode.

If I take it to the apple store will they fix it or replace it? Is this considered a defect, or is it normal for the screen to be like that? And by any chance would they replace a 10 month old MBP with a new one if they can't fix the problem? And if they do an in-store repair, how long would that take? The Apple Store is 2 hours away from where I live, and I need to know if they could possibly replace it or fix it on the same day.

Sorry for all the questions, but I've searched all over and just couldn't find an answer. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New Macbook soon!
That issues is called yellowing, it was on the 2.2 and 2.4 MBP it is a defect, you can move a window up and down and see the color change. just google macbook pro yellowing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.