weird glitch?

Reaction score
Hey guys. For the last few weeks i've been having a weird little problem. Whenever i'm browsing my internet, it occasionally starts to tweak, where i can't use my hot corners (like if i try to view all my open programs or my other spaces) , it immediatly goes back to the screen i was viewing, instead of staying open like it's supposed to. It also at time won't let me continuing browsing, it's like something keeps telling it to stop. I can temporarily fix the problem by pushing any key on the keyboard... but it keeps happening again and again, and sometimes very frequently.

i am by far no computer technician or anything, so i'm really clueless as what to do. It seems like the program started when i loaded the newest update, as well as firefox 3/stumble.. but the problem also happens when i'm using safari. Has anybody else had this problem or better yet... know how to fix it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well first thing to try is create a new user, log into that user, and see if the problem recurs on that user. If it does, you probably have some system-wide issue (something in /Library or in the System). If it doesn't recur, then it's isolated to your user (likely something in your user Library). So try that and we'll go from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.