startup/login problem OS X 10.4

Reaction score
Hi from the newby...

Hoping somebody can help with this:

All of a sudden my MAC is asking me for a Name and password upon startup.... usually i click my name and just input my password but now the screen looks slightly different ....

i have tried to use my MAC installer disc when starting up but nothing seems to happen ?? my MAC doesnt even seem to be recognising that i have the disc installer disc insterted .....

i have tried different startup commands like holding down "c" with no success... im getting worried !!!

any suggestions ???

thanks in advance

Lee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Put the system install disc in and reboot. As soon as the chime sound hold down 'C' on the keyboard. If you can boot from this, then go to utilities and Disk Utility. Hit Repair Disk.

You mention 'installer disc'. You are running Tiger so use the Tiger OS X.4 install DVD.

If no joy try zapping the PRAM. Hit start button and after chime sound hold down Option, Alt (the one with the Apple logo on it), P and R all at the same time. Hold all until you hear the third chime and release and hopefully things will kick in from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.