Dreamweaver 4.0

Reaction score
I have recently started a new job whereby I am designing websites for a publishing company. I have had a mac sat in front of me and am currently getting my head around it. First up though, I have a copy of dreamweaver 4.0 here and was wondering if it is possible to upgrade straight from this version to CS3 or the soon to be released CS4 (using an upgrade version of the software). Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
From what I can tell, you could upgrade to MX or MX 2004, but they're still fairly outdated programs and not really able to compete with the current versions. I would suggest either buying CS4.

It might be worth looking into whether it's cheaper to buy CS3 after CS4 comes out, because no doubt it will come down in price. You'd have to be quick though, they'd sell very quickly.

A CS3 copy of Dreamweaver is only about $370US and it definitely is worth it if your job is to design websites. You/the company would have the program paid for from one client.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.