Music sounds better on Windows side than Mac side

Reaction score
I'm using Fusion, and I'm running Windows in a separate "spaces desktop". When I play a song in I-Tunes on the Mac side, then open the exact same song with Windows Media player, it sounds better! The volume is a little louder but it also sounds like there's more bass and just overall a little bit better quality. This kind of thing drives me crazy! Any ideas?!?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Try playing with the EQ in iTunes, it's probably a matter of EQ settings in one versus the other.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks

Ok I'll mess with that for sure. Why would Window's auto eq settings sound better than Itune's?

Is it ok to leave Windows up and running all the time on a separate space like that?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Don't know, I've always found Win Media to be missing mid range and have too much bass, but most people tune they're EQs that way for some reason. iTunes has everything more flat-ish sounding, I prefer that as a baseline.

You can leave your VM running night and day in another space if you want, just make sure you have enough memory!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Windows Media Player is probably using tru-srs wow or something like that to boost the bass and mid range...

OP
A
Reaction score
By memory you mean RAM? It doesn't suck away hard drive space does it?!?

And I checked on the WOW effects, and they're turned off.

Thanks for everyone's help though!!

Reaction score
In itunes, go to prefrences > playback and check that "sound enhancer" is enabled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
By memory you mean RAM? It doesn't suck away hard drive space does it?!?

And I checked on the WOW effects, and they're turned off.

Thanks for everyone's help though!!

It won't suck away any more HD space then allocated under your VM preferences I believe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.