Web Browsing on iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I'm seriously considering getting an iPhone and have a couple of (possibly stupid) questions, the first being:
Can I browse the web on my iPhone at home using my own home broadband connected via wireless network? And if so would it consume any of my monthly phone download allowance?
The second question is: Does anyone know the upfront cost on the 'yes' cap plans for Optus?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
No, WiFi (using your homes broadband and router) will not cost you any extra money, and will not consume your monthly DATA limit.

As for Optus plans, I have no idea :(

Good Luck

OP
Leukeh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks! Very helpful. I might head down to the Optus shop later today and ask them. They're usually not very helpful though, they just want to sell me stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Thanks! Very helpful. I might head down to the Optus shop later today and ask them. They're usually not very helpful though, they just want to sell me stuff.
Do they have a website? You could look on there too.

OP
Leukeh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I've been looking but the only ones it says anything about an upfront fee for is one's advertised as $0 upfront, so it doesn't really help! =P Is it safe to assume it would be a sum of all the monthly handset payments?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 2gb Ram
My mate is currently paying $2.50 a month hanset repayments he is on a $59 optus yes cap.
If you go up to a $79, the phone is 'Free' but you are still locked in for 24 months.

OP
Leukeh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I went into the Optus shop today to ask - the person who served me didn't speak English particularly well, but I managed to find out what I wanted. The "upfront fee" is just the combined sum of the monthly handset payments. I can choose to either pay $7 per month or $168 upfront (with the $49 cap). Or pay $7 a month for X amount of time and then just pay the rest in a lump sum if I like, so it's fairly flexible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.