Synching without Tiger or Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 256MB 1.33 GHz, 60GB hard drive, airport extreme, combo drive. Also own a PM G4. Old Skool
I bought an iPod Touch knowing I wouldn't be able to use iTunes with it. Since I'm using an iBook G4 which isn't running Tiger or Leopard. Still using Panther. Being able to use iTunes isn't the primary reason why I bought an iPod Touch. I wasn't aware :[ I would still need iTunes when first "setting up" or "syncing" the device. Does anyone know any workarounds?

I know if I can't synch with the Mac I own I could call a friend or go back to the Apple store to hopefully set it up there.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I think you are just trying to make your life difficult

Just bite the bullet and install Tiger, it runs better than Panther on a G4 IMO and you wont have to jump through hoops to get your Ipod Touch working properly

Your only problem with Tiger is the RAM you have, I would say an absolute minimum of 512 meg but you would be better off with 1 gig or more, and it wont break the bank

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.