Click Speak Program / text to speech software

Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to set up a text to speech program for Firefox in a Mac lab at an adult learning center. It's important that the voices sound as human like as possible because it's meant for people to copy who are learning to read. I've been trying to install Click Speak and the buttons with options appear but there's no reading going on. I tried to follow the directions here: http://clickspeak.clcworld.net/installation_mac.html, but when I try to install CLC4-TTS Suite with Click, Speak - Bundle Pack, I get this message:java.io.FileNotFoundException: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/i.5.0/Home/lib/ext/CLC4TTS_Java.jar (Permission denied) .
That looks to me like I have to change the permission for something , but what? I tried to change permissions for the whole java folder, and the whole frameworks folder, but nothing changes. I don't see anything in the Frameworks folder with JavaVM in it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.