A very strange problem

Reaction score
Hi, guys.

Well i´ve been using mac for over a decade and i never had a problem until today, so the problem is... My brother´s mac ( 2Ghz intel core duo imac G5 OS 10.4.11) it´s playing music on its own (no music player running) and pressing the letter M turn the keyboard into a sound machine. soo what´s happening???.

Thanks for your support in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
I'm running 10.4.11... very odd. I'm not sure what this is.

have him open the Audio MIDI setup app... does his look like mine?

trying to upload a png file, not working today for some reason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
My brother´s mac ( 2Ghz intel core duo imac G5 OS 10.4.11) it´s playing music on its own (no music player running) and pressing the letter M turn the keyboard into a sound machine. soo what´s happening???

It's the Mac poltergeists! No, seriously, there's been a post similar to this elsewhere on this forum (I think - I'll check and update if I find it). From memory, it was Limewire that had somehow sneaked a file into the OS. Have you been using LW (or likewise) recently? Have a look too at the SysPrefs > Accounts > Login Items.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.