Battery Life Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
Hi all,

I've just had a look at my battery status using Battery Health Monitor and here are the stats:

Original Capacity: 100% (5020 mAh)
Current Capacity: 100% (5086 mAh)
Current Charge: 100% (5086 mAh)

Charge Cycles 13% (53)

The bit I am curious about is the Charge Cycles as next to the figures there is a bar that indicates that the 'Battery Life Remaining' is roughly equal (if not exact) to 100% - 13% (from the 'Charge Cycles').

Does this indicated that after only 53 charges my battery life has been reduced by over 10%!?

Also, does anyone know why it seems to be over charging?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
1) Nope, your battery is fine.
2) It's not overcharging, it's fully charged - (current capacity-current charge)
3) You seem to have gained a bit of capacity somewhere along the line - congratulations! I wouldn't worry about it.
4) I'm assuming it means you've used 13% of the estimated cycles left in the battery - don't know exactly, never used this app, but that seems to fit. So yes, after discharging and charging the battery 53 times you now have 87% of whatever life the battery had before hand (and that's not how long it will last on battery power, that's how long before you have to replace it).

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
I gathered thats how long it would be until battery replace. Pretty lame...hope it lasts longer...

Battery seems to go for about 3 1/2, 4 hours which I'm impressed with...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
It's actually not bad really, just be kind to it and it'll be fine. I wouldn't expect it to go more than 2 years anyway.

Reaction score
had my macbook white 13 for 2 years now, last month battery went dead, apple replaced under apple car etc,

now paying attention to load cycles, once charged how long should it be plugged in before letting the batt drain ?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
I've started running it without the battery in at work now. Just want to avoid screwing it up so quickly.

I am impressed with how the battery performs otherwise.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.