Mac OsX Tiger with Powerbook G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
So I was curious to know if when Mac OsX Tiger Comes out if I could use it on my computer. I want to know if performance will be as good, if it will take up more memory, or hardrive space, and how do do this when it comes out, I am kind of new at macs so I am just curious. My system is as follows:
15" Powerbook G4 1.5 Ghz
1 GB Ram
Mac OsX Panther

So prety much my only question is, What will hapen to my computer if I upgrade to tiger when it comes out, should i put more memory in it?

The reson I ask is I run Final Cut Pro on it and wasn't sure if the speed will slow up with the upgrade of the operating system.
:mac:

T

tariq

Should be good to go. I don't have any experience upgrading OSX yet (will be my first time as well) but I assume it'll be quite easy and painfree.

From what I know so far, only iBooks will suffer with Tiger installed because their video card (ATI 9200) is not compatible with CoreImage (a new feature in Tiger) and therefore some effects will not be available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You will be perfectly fine. You don't want to upgrade but you will want to do the Clean Install to start your system fresh. Back up everything you need to save and start off with a clean OS. I went from Jaguar to panther on my PowerBook G4 867mhz without a hitch and it actually improved my performance (which I fully believe will happen with you as well)

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Thanks Very Much, I am new here, and you guys made me feel very welcome, I am nolonger worried about upgrading my system. I can't wait for this tiger to come out, from all I am hearing about it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.