Has anyone installed openoffice.org?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook
I've tried to instal this about 5 times and failed every time. Then I searched around on google and found one for 10.5 and still didn't work. And I'm getting frustrated.. so does anyone have or used open office? If so, help how do I install open office?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
yep I use it quite often. You do need to make sure that you have x11 installed for it to work. Another good program is neooffice.

Reaction score
I tried it once but did not like it (on Mac - I used it a lot with Linux). I would recommend NeoOffice also. It is OpenOffice adapted to Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
You want Neooffice. Works a treat. Openoffice is the PC version.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook
i'm downloading neooffice as we speak right now.. seems like most of you prefer neo office over open office.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
i'm downloading neooffice as we speak right now.. seems like most of you prefer neo office over open office.

NeoOffice is a port of Open Office but does not require X11. It integrates nicely within the Aqua desktop which the current OS X uses.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
openoffice and neo office were ok, but i've used word a year or two and got use to it. Office 04 mac (word) that is.

I deleted open office and neo office. Back to word for me..

I ran into some .doc files that did not work well using them between pc and mac.... with word for mac, no issues at all across platforms.

exporting to word from neooffice and pages didn't work well either on one site I used. It would not let me upload the exported file.. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.