• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

When Tiger is released...

J

JRJ26

Being the Mac fanatic that I've recently become,lol, I've been reading threads on this board and others from the day(and hour, 8pm) that Panther was released. It seemed cool that so many people rushed out to go to the Apple Store or another store to get the copy.

Do you think it'll be the same when Tiger is released? Will there be a mad rush to the Apple stores to get a copy? What will it be like in the stores? Could they run out of copies? Will you go out and get a copy, or stay with Panther? Basically, what was it like for those of you that went to the Apple stores as soon as Panther came out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I went to compusa, it was sorta mad, but not as bad as I thought itd be. as far as when tiger comes out, Ill be with panther for a few more days, maybe longer, just depends, but Im getting tiger for free. I had a recent dev release installed, but went back to panther.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I was at the apple store a few minutes from my house and there was a very long line of people waiting outside for the store to open to get Panther. I imagine it will be the same for Tiger. They stock up pretty heavily in the stores so I highly doubt they will run out

OP
G

General_K

I'll never stand in line to buy Tiger when Apple releases it. I can wait until I'm good and ready, then order it online. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
lol, yes actually i bet it will be worse...

and everyone wants to get tiger.. the thing about mac OS updates is its always an improvement/addition, you never change antyhign drastically or loose anythign you want.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

the closest apple store to my house is 200 miles away. and that is a 200 miles filled with road constrution i live in shreveport louisiana and the closest stor is in dallas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I'll have to order it online because I live in a dead-end county where nobody sells anything good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
xthisisRomancex said:
the closest apple store to my house is 200 miles away. and that is a 200 miles filled with road constrution i live in shreveport louisiana and the closest stor is in dallas
the store is in austin, I live in texas. order it online or go to compusa or another mac retailer. I will be recieving my full copy free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Macman said:
the store is in austin, I live in texas. order it online or go to compusa or another mac retailer. I will be recieving my full copy free.

theres also one at the Galleria in Houston.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OMG, are u sure, I dont think so, but Ill have to make a trip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
its one of the smaller stores, but they get a lot of traffic during the weekend

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.