What is Aduim??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz, 2gb RAM, 160gb HD, Superdrive
Ok Im new too mac and everything it has to offer. I recently purchased a macbook over the weekend. And need to know about adium. I saw that it was mentioned in other threads. But I would like to know what adium is and what it has to offer. I just step up and account with AIM, from directions of a friend who says its an easy and FREE way to use ichat. I would really appreciate anyones help. thanks :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Adium is a multi-protocol chat client. It can do AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc. It's the best out there.

OP
a_all
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks giulio, for your response :D

OP
a_all
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another question is ADIUM Free?

Reaction score
Yes it is free, and very easy to setup and use. However, it you want to use camera and voice it will not handle it, use ichat for that. iChat along with an AIM account works very well for video and voice chat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
iChat is free as well. Adium is more for people who have more than one chat account on more than one service. For example if you have an AIM account and you have a Yahoo account, then adium would be perfect for you as this would allow both accounts to be logged in, using the same application.

Also, Adium does not yet support video chat, nor does it support voice chat like was already mentioned, so if you know that you will be using one of these services you should keep iChat around as I do.

OP
a_all
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for ur response. I really appreciate it. I only have AIM so i might just stick with that. but if in the future i have more accounts i might just try out adium.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.