getting frustrated

Reaction score
I know this is mostly a case of me not knowing wth I am doing yet in OSX but I am super frustrated right now. Here are my troubles with my new MBP, maybe someone can advise. First off, I cannot play all the media I can play on my PC. I listen to a live radio show and when I try to with my mac it has me download flip4 mac (which I downloaded and installed) yet when I click on the lived program it pops up but nothing else happens.

Also I cannot seem to set up my mail for outgoing mail. I am getting incoming but nothing can be sent. I have roadrunner and I use outlook express on my Pc desktop. Also, I received an email from a friend and it was all in jibberish (encrypted I assume) on my mbp but I can read it fine on my PC.

So if anyone has any ideas, or a good tutorial for these issues I would appreciate any replies. I have gone over a few tuts already but did not find anything yet regarding the above issues.

Thanks for reading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you post a link to the radio show I'll take a look at the format and try and help.

As far as your outgoing email it sounds as though you haven't set up your SMTP settings quite right.

This seems to be working for fellow roadrunner users:
1) Delete com.apple.mail.plist from the User/Library/Preferences folder (BACK UP YOUR EMAIL FIRST)
2) Open Mail and create a new account but disable the automatic set-up feature, put your info in manually.
3) Uncheck " Use only this server" from the outgoing mail
4) Under the Advanced tab on Mail Prefs "port set to 25", Uncheck "SSL" box, and uncheck "Use Authentication"
5) Now hit Create

However might be worth an email to RoadRunner support before tinkering with too many settings

Reaction score
Also I cannot seem to set up my mail for outgoing mail. I am getting incoming but nothing can be sent. I have roadrunner and I use outlook express on my Pc desktop. Also, I received an email from a friend and it was all in jibberish (encrypted I assume) on my mbp but I can read it fine on my PC.

I am having the same issue with email. I can receive but not send. I have tried setting up in Mail and Entourage... I am very familiar with setting up email accounts in Outlook and just used the same settings but nothing... says it cannot find server with outgoing.

OP
K
Reaction score
thank you mrplow. i tried those steps for my email but am still with the same problem so maybe it is roadrunner? however, the media is working now but i am not sure what i did to get it to work..lol...thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Roadrunner openly filter by IP. Definitely worth getting in touch with their tech support to see if this is impacting you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.