Error Codes When Updating Apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz iPhone 3G 16GB
When ever an update is available for one of my iPhone Apps I have problems using it.
  • I'm able to download the App from iTunes
  • The App update tries to install but fails giving Error code 0×E80002E
  • I then have to delete the App from the iPhone and iTunes
  • To get the up to date App I have re download it and then reinstall it

I've tried searching for the error code but haven't found a reference for it.

When I try to update direct to the iPhone it tells me it has failed and to use iTunes.

Has anybody else had this problem? Can anybody help?

All the best GP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I had this problem before I updated to the latest firmware.. so you might want to do that if you haven't yet. I haven't had problems since.

OP
Ginger Pilot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Which Firmware are you on?

Thanks

GP

Reaction score
I've had this problem ever since I had to return my first iPhone because of a couple issues. I did a backup of the phone, got the new phone, and did a restore and ever since then it's been screwed up. This is especially annoying for apps where scores are achieved (trism for instance) and I'm getting pretty **** tired of having to delete the apps and reinstall them.

I thought it might have something to do with the fact that I "named" the 2nd phone the same as the 1st. I really don't know what to do. I'd wipe the thing but I don't want to take a chance at losing my contacts.

Curious if anyone else is having this issue.

Edit: firmware 2.1

Reaction score
Update:
I figured since I was going to lose my data anyway (saved application data) I would go ahead and give this a shot:
Apple - Support - Discussions - [iPhone SDK] Error 0xE800002E when ...

So far so good but I haven't had to update anything yet (which is when the problem reared its head).

One thing that I should note is that operation seems snappier. Everything is more responsive after wiping it and setting it up as new. I don't know if it's just because it's not as fragmented as it was (does the iPhone even fall victim to fragmentation issues? not sure...) or what, but everything that historically seemed a little laggy sometimes (tilting the screen, typing, scrolling, etc) is now a little better.

I also still have my trial mobile me account which I use to sync my contacts and bookmarks so I didn't lose any of that during the wipe. I did have to set my mail up again but it didn't take too long.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
OP
Ginger Pilot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Avatarr I followed Murlyn's advice and I have not had any problems.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

GP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.