upgrade ibook video card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G4 / 1,42Ghz / 1GB / 100Gb / Superdrive / 10.4.11
does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the video card on any of the white ibooks? i sort of doubt it, but its worth a try to ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
snikro said:
does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade the video card on any of the white ibooks? i sort of doubt it, but its worth a try to ask.

No Apple laptop, or all-in-one computer, can have it's graphics card upgraded...it's included in the mainboard.

This includes:
iBook
PowerBook
eMac
iMac

I wonder how often this silly question will continue to show...

Even in the PC-world, laptops with upgradable Video cards are VERY rare...

P

Phiber

You must consider this, Avalon: Most computer users in this day are uneducated or ignorant. Neither is a bad thing. A question like the one posed, while it may seem silly to allot of people, is not common sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
What WOULD be nice is if we could upgrade the video RAM, or if there was a way to allocate regular RAM to vidRAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Phiber said:
You must consider this, Avalon: Most computer users in this day are uneducated or ignorant. Neither is a bad thing. A question like the one posed, while it may seem silly to allot of people, is not common sense.

The question itself isn't really the problem, but the same question comming up regularly, every week, that's annoying...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.