• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My cousin is an idiot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
My cousin just started as a freshman at UNC Charlotte in the engineering program. He bought the top of the line macbook pro and had me upgrade the ram to 4gbs of crucial ram. Every possible thing he could get with it he did.

Well it was so B.A.

He called me an hour ago to tell me he spilled orange juice all over it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What is with people and spilling stuff on expensive computers (particularly Macs)? We must see at least one of these per week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I am so paranoid about doing that to my MBP, I keep drinks so far away from it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
What is with people and spilling stuff on expensive computers (particularly Macs)? We must see at least one of these per week.
You really don't want to know how many times I've 'saved' a laptop by flipping it over and yanking the battery :D

that being said, those are work assets... so I don't care (and they'll just fix it anyway)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
That's why protective shields come in place guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Why would people bring something potentially "dangerous" near something as beautiful as a Mac? I barely let other people touch my Macbook, and even I wash my hands before I use it! Call me paranoid, but it works!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
This is why irresponsible people shouldn't be given expensive toys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is why irresponsible people shouldn't be given expensive toys.

Those are the words I was looking for. I almost repeated the same accident!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just read, and apparently it does not cover "accidental" damage. But what's the opposite of that, intentional damage for your money back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd be wiling to bet that intentional damage would void the warranty contract

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
This is why any and all drinks I have are at least two feet away from my Macbook. If it spills, it's not getting anywhere near the Mac, maybe my PC's mouse, but it's easier to replace a fifty dollar mouse than a fifteen hundred dollar laptop.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
LOL I think it's funny that he calls you up thinking you can do something about it.

You would think an engineer would be a little bit more computer savvy. At least smart enough to know that liquids and computers don't mix. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why? I've had to explain base networking to graduated EE's before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Maybe he's one of those people that can't tell the difference between Apples and Oranges?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
LOL I think it's funny that he calls you up thinking you can do something about it.

You would think an engineer would be a little bit more computer savvy. At least smart enough to know that liquids and computers don't mix. >_<"

Being an engineer doesn't mean diddly squat. My roommate from a couple years ago was going into some sort of computer engineering and he had no clue how to assemble a computer. I had the misfortune of guiding him on how to build one himself and I literally got a dozen calls from this guy on how to set it up. I was like, you're like two or three years into your engineering degree, haven't you learned anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

you had me LAUGHING OUT LOUD with that comment.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Being an engineer doesn't mean diddly squat. My roommate from a couple years ago was going into some sort of computer engineering and he had no clue how to assemble a computer. I had the misfortune of guiding him on how to build one himself and I literally got a dozen calls from this guy on how to set it up. I was like, you're like two or three years into your engineering degree, haven't you learned anything?

I think this is quite sad. They shouldn't be able to graduate if they can't even assemble one. It's not like it takes a lot of brain power to assemble one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.