• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My cousin is an idiot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
it's not what schools teach. I've really yet to see a recent graduate arrive with a skill set that puts them into immediate use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That's very true, they just take complex math all year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Hey...
Guys...
You know what they say
[Expletive] happens.

Reaction score
That sucks... I literally freak whenever people get close to me with liquids while my MBP is out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Dam that sucks.. Yesterday i was drinking a cappuccino and i thought to my self.. Yes lets move this far away from my expensive new toy. haha

M

Moondog

You know those cool Magic Erasers...the sponge like things that can remove almost anything from anywhere...I had one at work when I moved cubes to remove scuff marks on my desk from the previous messy person that had that space. And I noticed that I could get some junk off the plastic non-Mac (don't freak out here) keyboard with it, too. A coworker saw me use it and didn't know what the Magic Eraser was. She asked how it worked and I told her you get it a little wet and it works great. I went to lunch and she borrowed it. When I came back she was with an IT person at her desk staring at her dead keyboard. Apparently she went to the restroom, soaked the heck out of it and started to scrub her new, expensive ergo keyboard with it. LOL. Dork.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
does he know you talk about him on public forums? lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
You know those cool Magic Erasers...the sponge like things that can remove almost anything from anywhere...I had one at work when I moved cubes to remove scuff marks on my desk from the previous messy person that had that space. And I noticed that I could get some junk off the plastic non-Mac (don't freak out here) keyboard with it, too. A coworker saw me use it and didn't know what the Magic Eraser was. She asked how it worked and I told her you get it a little wet and it works great. I went to lunch and she borrowed it. When I came back she was with an IT person at her desk staring at her dead keyboard. Apparently she went to the restroom, soaked the heck out of it and started to scrub her new, expensive ergo keyboard with it. LOL. Dork.

Magic erasers are amazing! That thing took scuffs off my walls I thought I'd never get out.

And that is my Mr. Clean plug for the day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
If I ever did that with my MBP i would just die. That really sucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.
I don't let food or drink anywhere near my MBP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I don't understand how so many people spill drinks on their laptops. I honestly don't think I've spilled any drink anywhere since I had just graduated from sippy cups.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I find it amusing that everyone has jumped on this guy's cousin, pretending an accidental spill has anything to do with competence or carefulness. Even the most experienced and cautious people make mistakes every so often, and this is just one example of such a mistake. Anyone who pretends spilling something on his computer is completely impossible because of some level of skill is simply deluding himself.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
He is not at all technical savvy, he mechanics savvy.

Applecare fixed it surprisingly. I don't know whether they knew it had happened or if he cleaned it before sending it off.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I update that, Apple repaired it... for 1300$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
house insurance would cover an incident such as this, my updated signature refers to an incident similar to this one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Why would people bring something potentially "dangerous" near something as beautiful as a Mac? I barely let other people touch my Macbook, and even I wash my hands before I use it! Call me paranoid, but it works!

I know.... it's like saying "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE" to the president.

LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
My cousin just started as a freshman at UNC Charlotte in the engineering program. He bought the top of the line macbook pro and had me upgrade the ram to 4gbs of crucial ram. Every possible thing he could get with it he did.

Well it was so B.A.

He called me an hour ago to tell me he spilled orange juice all over it.

I pitty the fool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (17" Unibody, 2.93GHz, 8GB DRR3, 320GB 7200, Anti-Glare Screen)
I don't get how you even spill a drink ON your computer? I mean I can see knocking it over on your desk, but even then common sense would imply you keep it far enough away so that the liquid will just run under the bottom of the computer.

Still, go figure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I don't get how you even spill a drink ON your computer? I mean I can see knocking it over on your desk, but even then common sense would imply you keep it far enough away so that the liquid will just run under the bottom of the computer.

Still, go figure.

Under the bottom.... into the battery.

Reaction score
That's precisely why I have my computers up a centimeter or so up off my desk with little rubber feet things so that if anything spills, it goes under the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.