Battery Problems :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 Gb Ram 250 Gb HD OSX 10.5.5
So ive had my Macbook for a few months now (about 4) and i just recently had Apple send me a new battery. My old one last about an hour and a half on a full charge brand new. Well, upon getting the new battery, it worked fine for a week or two but now i've noticed its charge has severely declined. All i want is a battery that lasts longer than 2 hours on battery saver :(:( Is this problem something with my actual computer? Or is it just the battery?

Any thoughts? Help?

OP
shortyrulesall
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh and does anyone know the return/refund policy on macs?

ZFG

Reaction score
Leaving it on the charger for too long can eventually, in time, wear down the battery. You can also check how long it is lasting by clicking on the battery icon near the top right and selecting show>time. There are also "better battery" and "better performance" options you can use.

Refund policy:

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html

Try looking under "product warranty" (if you have a warranty) or "defective items".

Reaction score
Google "calibrate macbook batter" and it'll take you to an apple support page that will help you out.

I recommend doing the cycle a couple times. If you get the istat pro widget from islayer it will calculate your battery's health and each time you do the calibration cycle (if done correctly) your battery's health should increase.

OP
shortyrulesall
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my new battery has been calibrated and still only gets 2 hours on better battery life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New Macbook soon!
My two month old macbook gets over 4.5, I have yet to calibrate it or and its still at 100%.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.