screen replacement?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
intel core duo macbook pro 2 ghz, 2gb ram, 80gb hd | Quicksilver 1ghz DP, 1.25 gb ram, 200gb hd
Well I have a 15 inch macbook pro 2ghz 2gb ram with a bad screen.. it has weird blotches and chips and a scratch which would be because of my own stupidity thinking it was invincible when shut in my backpack.

The apple store said approx $800 to repair. I'm considering switching out the screen myself some day soon or possibly selling it (along with my quicksilver) and using that to buy a new macbook that I will be more careful with. Does replacing the screen void out the warrenty on the entire computer? Is it difficult to do?? I've taken apart a few mac desktops mostly cheap all in ones, but never opened a laptop..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Have a look at the ifixit guide and see how hard you think it is. You'll void the warranty doing it.

OP
thppt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
intel core duo macbook pro 2 ghz, 2gb ram, 80gb hd | Quicksilver 1ghz DP, 1.25 gb ram, 200gb hd
Wow thanks skaheadpunk! Those instructions look pretty easy to follow! I'll check my warrenty to see how much longer I have. It's still working great just very annoying to look at, but I think I will wait.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.