Program not responding!!

Reaction score
Will a Mac ever give you a pop-up window telling you that the program has stopped responding like a PC??? I could not for the life of me close SuperDuper yesterday, so I think the program stopped responding... I had to restart the computer to close SuperDuper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
Did you tried force quitting ? (option + command + esc) if a program freezes, doing that a couple of times kills the program eventually :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20 inch dual core. 16 GB ipad.
I've never had a pop up to tell me that an Application is not responding. If this happens again don't do a restart, just open Finder, click on the Apple logo, click on Force Quit and choose the App from the window that appears. Click Force Quit and it will close.

Reaction score
Command+Alt+Esc brings up force quit menu. Or you can click on Apple and select Force Quit from drop down menu. If the programme is not responding it will tell you here.

Reaction score
Or you can right click on the relevant app's icon in the dock and force quit it from there sometimes.

Reaction score
I've had apps tell me they're not responding if I right-click them in the dock. First thing in the menu.
Just do a force quit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
Sure, go to system preference then click on the keyboard and mouse icon then go to the "trackpad" tab. There should be a "tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click" box.

Reaction score
Sure, go to system preference then click on the keyboard and mouse icon then go to the "trackpad" tab. There should be a "tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click" box.

Or the basic Control + Click.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.