Two Airport Expresses and an xbox360

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
A bit of background:
I have a Netgear G router. That provides a wired and G standard wireless network for my various devices. Wired to the Netgear router I have an Airport Express in bridge mode that provides an 5Ghz N rated wireless network for my MacBook.

I also have an xbox360 that was in cable distance of the router but has had to be moved and needs to go wireless.

And finally…. The question:
Can I use another Airport Express in client mode to connect to the xbox by lan cable and connect to my existing N network provided by my current Airport Express?

I've Googled and searched here and can find no real reason why this wouldn't work but there is a lot of negative info out there where people have had connectivity problems but most seem to be from over 2 years ago....

thanks
mrplow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
I can't see why it wouldn't work, however wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the 360 wireless adapter?

OP
mrplow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
There's not really a lot in it price wise.

However, the AEx solution will give me a way to connect a USB printer that's in the same room but also a stronger more robust signal than standard G that the xbox adaptor provides

Something else that's just occured to me. I could attach a switch to the AEx and connect the desktop pc that's in the same room too. That, of course all hinges on being able to get the 2 AEx boxes to connect to each other

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
You should be able to connect the two to form one network and then connect the Xbox by ethernet. That's what I used to do.

OP
mrplow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should be able to connect the two to form one network and then connect the Xbox by ethernet. That's what I used to do.

That's good news.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.