Ram

Reaction score
How much of a benefit would a macbook pro receive going from 1GB of ram to 2GB ?

I'm not used to mac's and how they respond to increased ram, I assume going to 2GB would in general help as 1 isn't a lot.
I guess the best benefit will be seen when using Adobe CS3 as it does like the ram.
I know it's locked up a few times, I think in a few cases it was because of low ram and overheating in others.

Does Kingston DDR2 ram get on well with macbook pro laptops? are there any know umm finicky issues?
As well how does leopard respond the first time it boots? indifferent about it and away you go?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I have a pair of 2GB of hyperX sodium from Kingston and it's amazing. ^-^"

You want as much RAM as your computer can handle. Right now I'm doing contact sheets of 180 pictures. If I had less than 2GB Photoshop would have probably locked up by now. I also have Indesign open and 10 tabs open in Firefox.

That's like 20 documents at 300 dpi @ 8.5 X 11 open right now. Fun times. ^-^"

Macs are not the only machines that benefit from a RAM upgrade, just so you know. ^-^

OP
axendra
Reaction score
I know :)
I'm good with windows but the mac os well it's not that familiar with, so wasn't as sure how much it likes more ram, I know it could only be better but was just curious ^^
:) I pretty sure the times it keeled over was from not enough ram, quitting cs3 it went funky then came good. The lock ups aren't often enough to indicate hardware issue though with the heat.. cpu around 70c at some stages I'm sure that didn't help XD

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I know :)
I'm good with windows but the mac os well it's not that familiar with, so wasn't as sure how much it likes more ram, I know it could only be better but was just curious ^^
:) I pretty sure the times it keeled over was from not enough ram, quitting cs3 it went funky then came good. The lock ups aren't often enough to indicate hardware issue though with the heat.. cpu around 70c at some stages I'm sure that didn't help XD

LOL I think we have all been there at some point. I try and keep my Computer under 70 C by all means possible. Even if I have to turn on the air conditioning >_<.""

OP
axendra
Reaction score
:3 at least summer has come to an end and the cool will soon not only be a welcome relief to me but the lappy to :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.